Taylor & Francis Online have introduced a mobile version of their database allowing you to access the resource via iPhone, Android, Blackberry and tablet devices. It’s free to use, and can be set up in a few minutes when you are on campus.
Getting started on Taylor & Francis Online Mobile involves simply typing the url www.tandfonline.com into the browser of a mobile device. There is also help and instructions available to get users started at http://www.tandfonline.com/page/help/mobile.
As a member of the University, you can extend access to your mobile device for 180 days by pairing it to our library. An email alert will be sent to you three days before the pairing expires.
If you are connecting to Taylor & Francis Online Mobile via the University wireless network GreenNet, your device will be paired to the library automatically.
To pair your device with an institution, view the video demo or follow the instructions below:
- Visit the full site while authenticated via the Library & Computing tab in the university portal when you are on campus. (If you're not sure how to login to e-resources via the portal, you can select this link to find out what to do).
- Click the Mobile link at the top of the screen.
- You will be directed to a page where you can sign in or register to receive a mobile pairing code. Save the code once you have received it – you will then be able to use it for five minutes.
- On your mobile device, go to www.tandfonline.com, tap the Settings icon and select Device Pairing.
- Log in here then enter the pairing code and tap Verify Code.
- Go to My Account to check your pairing status.
If you do not pair your device to Taylor & Francis Online you will still be able to access content that has been made free to view.
The mobile site works on the following versions of Android, iPhone and Blackberry:
- iPhone and iPod devices running OS 3.2 or later
- iPad 3.2.2 or later
- Android 2.2 or later
- BlackBerry OS 6 (including the Torch 9800)
- BlackBerry Tablet OS devices (including PlayBook)
If your mobile device is not supported you can still view Taylor & Francis Online, but will be directed to the full version of the site rather than the mobile.